Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 4, 2008

11th Annual Dating Anniversary

To celebrate our 11th dating anniversary, Julie and Eric decided to surprise each other. Having decided on our budget, we each went and thought about what would make the best gift (Julie says: I wanted to trump Eric's gift). Julie reserved a surprise and Eric purchased a gift.

We ate lunch today on Castro (where we were treated to a Portuguese parade celebrating the Holy Spirit).
While there, Julie gave Eric clues about where they would be going later that day.

Eric: Is there going to be a performance?
Julie: Maybe.
Eric: Would I enjoy the performance as much if I was blind (to see if it was a movie/show)?
Julie: Yes.
Eric: (not a movie/show... must be music) Would I enjoy the performance as much if I was deaf?
Julie: Yes.
Eric: (what could it possibly be) Is it in the city?
Julie: Yes.
Eric: (a fancy dinner) Is it by Union Square?
Julie: No.
Eric: (I'm stumped) ...
Julie: You might be giving a performance.
... after some time passes ...
Eric: Would this reflect part of our Honeymoon?
Julie: Yes (big smile)
Eric: I think we got each other the same gift (smile).

It turned out that Julie had reserved a Thai massage session at Suchada Thai Massage and Eric had purchased Julie gift certificates for Suchada Thai Massage. We laughed. And then Julie got to redeem her gift certificates right away. So we each gave the best gift!

Although painful (we felt like Kobe beef being tenderized), the feeling afterwards was wonderful. Julie's back cracked so much that her masseuse thought she broke her bones (but no harm done). Now everything is relaxed, and we are just getting ready to celebrate our 2nd annual wedding anniversary ^_^

1 comment:

jenny said...

too cute! you guys gave each other matching gifts!