Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chinese New Year Trip: SFO-Korea

From Chinese New Year trip: Part I

We were so excited to go on this vacation after such a long vacation drought. We started our trip by joining the first stop of grandmother's 90th birthday SF tour at SFO. Since we are not using our apartment, we thought it would be nice for grandmother to enjoy the lovely view of the bay bridge on her birthday.


From Chinese New Year trip: Part I


From Chinese New Year trip: Part I

After a quick hug/picture/car driver swap, the girls were off to enjoy the sunny SF city while we hurried in to get on our flight to Korea.

We were so lucky to get on business to enjoyed the warm nuts and champagne before the take off.

From Chinese New Year trip: Part I


Fresh fruits for snack... what a treat!
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I



As we got closer to Korea, Julie and Eric were anticipating the extreme cold weather ( Weather channel: -10 degrees Celsius... Brrrrr)
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I


From Chinese New Year trip: Part I


We arrived at our B&B. It was such a neat place. Julie thought it was an original traditional house... Eric pop her bubble by telling her that it is a rebuild.

From Chinese New Year trip: Part I


From Chinese New Year trip: Part I


We visited a few palaces:
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I


But the most important part was the food:

* Neat breakfast on our first day: curry buns and rice ball with blue label (Julie was guessing that it was fish... you know blue=fish...and it was ^_^)
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I


Then we found this pancake with honey and peanut snack on the street: ( extremely gooey and delicious... dripped on Julie's coat)
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I


Then some yummy red bean paste cake with extra crispy shell:
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I


How about some Bulgogi and tofu pot
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I


Wait, Wait... how about some mandoo for snack:
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I


Lets finish the day with some sulfurous duck:
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I

The duck was so juicy... and it went really well with soju... mmmmm...
The menu said that the order is big enough for 3 people... Eric and Julie polished it off.
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I


We also did a little window shopping and found some interesting signs:
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I

we found Black Face
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I

...and porky children

We started the trip with a lot of food and we were determine to end the trip with more good food.
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I

a nice Starbucks green tea cranberry scone with mocha
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I

last minute eating with the ginsing chicken soup
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I

we visited the world's best air hub: ICN and bought some kimchi chocolate at the duty free shop
From Chinese New Year trip: Part I

then it was time to say goodbye to Seoul and head for our next destination!

More pictures:

No comments: