One day the team was sitting around eating dinner when the manager on the case saw a printout left by someone else. On it, there was the profile of Cornelius X, an attorney. He remarked that there weren't many white guys named Cornelius, and Eric said "what about [Cornelius] Vanderbilt," to which the reply was that there weren't many white guys named Cornelius these days. This, combined with the pregnancy information gave Eric a great idea.
"I've got a proposition," Eric started as he looked at his unknown-to-everyone-that-she-was-pregnant coworker. Before he could say "she should name her child Cornelius if it's a boy," Eric remembered that she didn't want to tell everyone, and he just kind of paused. Awkward city! Complete silence while Eric scrambled for something to say.
After he regained his faculties, Eric said "I once knew a guy named Corn, but it wasn't short for Cornelius. I think it was Cornelio" And the conversation got rolling again. Whew. The coworker also had a relieved face. Needless to say, this proves that Eric is completely trustworthy. Please feel free to add any and all secrets to the comments section of this blog.



No comments:
Post a Comment